Are you looking for a one-dish-wonder to feed the family and to split across to work and school lunch boxes? Well, look no further than is green risotto! It’s a tasty dish, with nutrients galore, that will make your work colleagues the envy of your lunch and your kids coming back for more.
This throw-together dish can be eaten hot or cold. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ bunch celery chopped
- 1 bunch English spinach chopped
- 1 cup of pumpkin cubes
- 300g low fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup shredded tasty cheese
- 1.5 cups basmati rice (can use Arborio)
- 1 tbsp chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Boiling water as needed
- Olive oil as needed
- Fry the onion and celery in a deep-dish pan with oil, till soft and turning brown.
- Add chopped spinach and pumpkin. Stir for 2min, and then pour rice on top.
- In a bowl add 2 cups of boiling water along with the chicken stock. Stir until lumps dissolve. Pour onto rice mixture. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Turn the stovetop on low to allow the ingredients to simmer. You will need to continue to add water to the pan every 10min or if the ingredients start to dry out. Keep cooking the ingredients till rice is soft.
- Defrost the peas in the microwave in water for 2min. Drain the water from the peas and place in a food processor with both cheeses. Pulse till peas are in smaller pieces.
- When the rice is cooked and there is no water left in the pan, add the pea mixture. Stir together over a very low heat. Serve warm or cold, with a side salad preferred!