This Banana Sushi recipe is quick and is a lot of fun to make. Not only is it a quick power booster before training, it’s also great for kids. One of the great things about it is that you can vary the recipe so easily to suit your tastes. Try swapping pistachio for other crushed nuts like almonds or walnuts, or seeds like chia or sunflower.
Instead of coating the banana in Mayvers almond and chia seed butter, you can also try chocolate or peanut butter. The sky it the limit! Bananas oxidise and brown easily, so eat within 1-2hrs or else it will lose its visual appeal. Enjoy!
Ingredients – Serves 2
2 bananas chilled
2 tbsp Mayvers almond & chia seed butter OR peanut butter
40g pistachio OR 50g chia seeds
- Put the bananas in the fridge to chill for 30min,
- Blend pistachios in blender till crumbly,
- Spread the almond butter over the bananas,
- Pure pistachio powder on to plate and roll bananas in the mix,
- Chill in the fridge for 10min, and eat!
318kcal . 33g Carb . 9g Pro . 11g Fat . 15g Sugar . 5g Fiber
Want to see how I make it? Watch the video!