I’ve been playing with the idea of making fancy ice blocks now that the weather is warming up. Banana cubes is what I came up with. They are the perfect bite size snack in between meals on hot days when you don’t feel like eating. I know it looks like an ice cube, but trust me when I say it’s the best ice cube you’ve ever tasted!
I usually have one of these banana cubes with a small handful of nuts to balance out the flavours. This is perfect for people who are trying to keep their energy intake in check. The banana cubes are great in smoothies too, stick some of these ice cubes in a blender with extra milk and cinnamon. Hope you like it 🙂
Ingredients – Serves 12
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 scoop = 30g whey protein powder
- ½ cup pistachio
- ½ cup skim milk
- Place pistachios in a blender and blend. Remove and place into ice cube tray.
- Place bananas, yogurt, protein whey and milk into blender, then evenly distribute into ice cube tray, covering the pistachio
- Place in freezer over night.
- Serve the banana cubes ice cold
52 kcal. 7g Carbs. 1g Fat. 3g Pro. 1g Fiber. 5g Sugar